Airbus Bizlab has launched the #Africa4Future accelerator program with an aim of helping African aerospace startups with their business. The new program is in partnership with GIZ Make-it, InnoCircle, and MEST Africa.
The program will find and connect African aerospace startups with staff at Airbus who will work with the startups to speed up innovation and scale their products/services across Africa.
10 applicants will be selected to join the program which will start on 7th January 2019. Selected teams will receive:
- Access to industry-leading experts at Airbus sites in Europe
- Feedback on their technology and business models from top engineers
- The opportunity to showcase their startups at the Paris International Airshow in June 2019
- The opportunity to launch a collaboration project in partnership with key Airbus departments
- They will also receive space within MEST Incubators in Accra (Ghana), Lagos (Nigeria), Abidjan (Ivory Coast), Cape Town (South Africa) or Nairobi (Kenya) from January to June 2019, where they will have the opportunity to become part of the vibrant, global MEST tech startup community.
During the program, the ten selected teams will participate in a mix of virtual and physical workshops.
The program is looking for startups who are actively working on Automation and Drones, Electrification, Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, Data analytics, Material composites & Manufacturing. Applications are open from 30 October 2018 to 30 November 2018.
To register, visit airbus-bizlab.com/africa4future.