Kenyan passports expire after a period of 10 years and if yours has expired you need to apply for a new one. If your passport expires then you need to apply for a new one.
Requirements for applying for a new one are the same as those for filled up ones. If you have an expired Kenyan passport, here are the requirements for applying for a new one.
Applicants MUST appear in person for digital photo and biometrics capture.
An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three invoices.
Expired passport and photocopy of last two pages.
Original National ID Card & photocopy (copy certified by a lawyer).
Three Current passport size photos.
Recommenders ID Card copy (certified by a lawyer).
The application must be recommended in section 7 by a citizen of Kenya. The person recommending the applicant must not be an immediate relative.
1. They photographs must be three in number.
2. The photographs must be taken full face without a hat.
3. The photographs must not be mounted.
4. The size of the photographs must not be more than 2½ inches by 2 inches or less than 2 inches by 1½ inches.
5. The photographs must be printed on normal thin photographic paper and must not be glazed on the reverse side.
6. The person recommending the applicant is required to endorse the reverse side of one copy of the photographs with the words: I certify that this is a true likeness of the applicant Mr. (Mrs. or Miss) and add his signature.
Kenyans will have to start the application process for their passport on the eCitizen platform. Thereafter you will be required to visit an immigration office in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Kisii, Eldoret and Embu for collection of fingerprints, digital photo and signature and also to drop required documents.
Expired Kenyan Passport fees
A series (32 pages) – Ksh. 4,550
B series (48 pages) – Ksh. 6,050
C series (64 pages) – Ksh. 7,550
Diplomatic – Ksh. 7,550
The Kenya Passport will be available for collection 30 days after successful application.