The World Remit Future Stars coaching progamme has been launched to provide a chance for an African coach to attend an exclusive training camp with Arsenal’s top coaches in London. Also 25 shortlisted coaches will be rewarded with Arsenal kit for their whole squad.
During the training camp, the selected coaches will work with the Soccer Schools coaches on how they can use the training that they will have received to build a lasting legacy in their home countries. The camp is free to apply and is open to coaches who coach youth teams which are under 16 years across Africa.
To be considered for the training camp, all one has to do is complete an online application. In the application form, one should detail why they deserve the chance and the legacy that they plan to build back home.
The selection criteria is as follows;
- The commitment of the coach to improving the lives of their community
- The impact the coach has had on young people within their community
- The strength of the coach’s proposal to pass on their training on their return home
- Applicants will be assessed against the set criteria by a panel of judges from WorldRemit and Arsenal. The judging panel includes the founder and CEO of WorldRemit, Ismail Ahmed, and his co-founder, Catherine Wines, Simon McManus, Head Coach at Arsenal Soccer Schools and Marc Thorogood, Business Manager of Arsenal Soccer Schools.
- From the applications, WorldRemit and Arsenal will select a shortlist of 25 coaches who will receive Arsenal youth kits for their entire squad.
- From this shortlist of 25, the judging panel will select six coaches as finalists.
- The stories of the six finalists will be shared here and the successful applicant will be selected based on a public vote on the site.
If you are a youth football coach, fill out the online application here. The deadline for applications is on the 27th August 2018.