This year’s Concours d’Elegance, the biggest motoring event in Kenya, will be held on September 24th at the Ngong Racecourse.
The Kenyan Concours d’Elégance was founded in 1971 and has been held every year since. It is organized by the Alfa Romeo Owner’s Club Kenya and is sanctioned by the Kenya Motorsports Federation and FIM Africa. CBA Group will once again be the title sponsors of this year’s Concours D’Elegance.
65 car and 30 motorcycle entries have already been received. Among the entries this year are:
- 1974 Volkswagen Camper by Larry Asego
- 1927 Dodge of Magdi Riad
- 1934 Railton by Diccon Wilcock
- 1934 Rolls Royce by Veronica Wroe
- 1947 MG by Sati Gata Aura
- 1991 Mitsuoka Le-Seyde two door coupe by Kakooza Wazzir
- 1957 Mercedes Benz 190SL sports car by Laban Mawanda
- 1974 Mercedes Benz saloon by Ronald Walusimbi
- 1966 Peugeot 404 by Tor Allan
- 1976 JBA Falcon roadster by Shane Ramzanali
- 1925 Triumph 550 SD by Dominique Antoine
- 1956 BSA C10L by Ted Wanday
- 1952 Ducati 65T by Russel Hughes
— HapaKenya ?? (@HapaKenya) September 5, 2017
Last year, the event had 76 cars and 35 motorcycles. Steve Parkinson, in a 1950 Jaguar Mark V was the overall winner of the car classes and Sarti Jabal was the overall winner in the motorcycle class with a Classics 1958 Norton Racer.
Over the years, the event has attracted car and motorcycle entries from Argentina, Australia, England, Germany, Malawi, Mauritius, Mexico, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
- What: Concours d’Elegance 2017
- When: Sunday, 24th September 2017
- Time: 09:00 AM – 06:00 PM
- Location: Ngong Racecourse
Advance tickets: Adults – Ksh. 900 & Kids – Ksh. 450. Buy here ticketsasa.com/events/concours