The rebrand of Telkom Kenya, formerly known as Orange Kenya, is now complete. The Kenyan telco reverted back to its original name after Orange Kenya exited the company in June last year.

Telco reverts back to Telkom Kenya as Orange exits Kenyan market

As part of the rebrand, Telkom also launched 4G on its network. The company is also discontinuing the Orange Money by July 7th to pave way for a new mobile money product.

Orange group sold its share in the company to UK Private Equity firm, Helios Investment Partners. Helios own 60% of Telkom Kenya through Jamhuri Holdings Limited, a wholly owned holding company. The Kenyan government owns the remaining 40%.

Telkom Kenya new logo

Telkom Kenya is the oldest telecommunications company in Kenya. It was set in up in 1999 after the Kenya Posts and Telecommunications Corporation (KPTC) was split into three entities i.e. Communications Commission of Kenya (CCK), the Postal Corporation of Kenya (POSTA) and Telkom Kenya. It offers voice, data, mobile money, fibre connectivity among others.