Safaricom (NSE: SCOM) has been named the ‘Best Managed Company in Kenya’ by Euromoney Magazine. The magazine awards its Best Managed Companies ranking based on a survey of market analysts at leading banks, consultancy firms and research institutes around the world.
The annual survey rewards companies with the most convincing and coherent business strategies, ranking them by region, by industry and country. Respondents are asked to nominate the top five listed companies in each of the main survey categories, bearing in mind market strength, profitability, growth potential, quality of management and earnings.
For this year’s awards, polling took place between 26th February- 3rd July.
For the award in which Safaricom emerged the winner, respondents were asked to nominate the top three listed companies in each of the following categories:
- Most convincing and coherent business strategy
- Best system of corporate governance
- Most accessible senior management
- Most transparent financial accounts
- Best for shareholder value
- Most useful and informative website
- Most improved performance