The submission of entries has been extended to March 31st 2021 for companies and individuals interested in the second KPA East Africa Maritime Awards (EAMA) 2020.
The Awards seek to recognize and award notable users of the Port of Mombasa. Individual players and companies from across the breadth of the maritime sector including shipping, ports, services, engineering, and leisure marine industries are called upon to submit their applications. These companies and individuals should be conducting operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
EAMA is organized in partnership with the Kenya Maritime Authority (KMA), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Kenya Trade Network Agency (KenTrade), Shippers Council of Eastern Africa (SCEA) and East African Business Council (EABC). The awards seek to promote excellence in service delivery and adoption of best practices.
Winners of different categories will be unveiled at an award ceremony slated for May 21, 2021 in Mombasa, Kenya.
The awards have been grouped into nine clusters, based on their maritime functionality and service offering with a total of 27 distinct categories listed below
- Exporter of the Year
- Importer of the Year
- Best Cargo Transporter
- Best Cargo Freight Station
- Best Regional Cargo logistics provider
- Best Clearing and Forwarding Agent (for each participating country)
- Best Warehousing Company
- Best Shipping Line
- Best Shipping Agent (Liner Agency)
- Best Shipping Agent (Tramp Agency)
- Best Shipping Agent (Coastal and Inland Shipping)
- Best Cargo Consolidator
- Partner Government Agency
- Private Sector Business Membership Organization(each participating country).
- Auxiliary Service Awards (Bunkering)
- Ship Shandling
- Marine surveys
- Ship contracting (Pre-shipment inspection)
- Financial Services
- Marine Cargo Insurance Services
- Maritime Education and Training
- Environmental Protection
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Corporate Social Investment
- Outstanding Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME)
- Maritime Journalist (for each participating country)
- Young Achiever
- Outstanding Woman
- Lifetime Achievement