The 2019 National Rugby Sevens Circuit (NSC) is set to begin on 20th July with the first event being Kakamega Sevens, which will be held in Kakamega County. The circuit is organized and managed by the Kenya Rugby Union (KRU).
Kakamega Sevens will take place on two days i.e. Saturday 20th July to Sunday 21st July. Rugby fans are in for a treat as there are various events that will be held in various parts of the country.
- 20-21st July – Kakamega Sevens, Bull Ring
- 27th July- 28th July – Kababeri Sevens, Kinoru Stadium
- 10th August – 11th August – Dala Sevens, Mamboleo Showgrounds
- 17th August – 18th August – Prinsloo Sevens, Nakuru Athletics Club
- 31st August – 1st September – Christie Sevens, RFUEA Grounds
- 7th September – 8th September – Driftwood Sevens, Mombasa Sports Club
This year, the National Rugby Sevens Circuit has been named the Stanbic Sevens Series after sponsorship from Stanbic Bank Kenya.
The end of the National Rugby Sevens Circuit will culminate in the Safari Sevens 2019 which will be held at the RFUEA Grounds in Nairobi. The 2019 Safari Sevens will be held on October 18 – October 20 2019. The Safari Sevens returned to RFUEA Grounds in 2018 after an eight year hiatus that saw the tournament played at the Nyayo and Kasarani Stadiums.
Last year’s Safari Sevens event was on 10th November – 11th November and it saw Samurai reclaimed the Safari Sevens title with a 21-14 victory over Shujaa in a final played on Sunday 11 November 2018. Morans finished third with a 12-5 win over Spain as Portugal defeated Homeboyz 31-7 to claim fifth place.