Anyiko Owoko and Samuel Majani are among winners in the inaugural Young Entrepreneurs Awards (YEA) 2018. The 10 winners were selected from 32 nominees in 10 categories who were subjected to a public vote through an online system.
The awards attracted nominations after which judges picked nominees in different categories. After that, the nominees were voted for on an online platform for 3 weeks. The YEA Awards’ judging criteria was based on business plan, strategy and vision, clear product offering, technology integration and customer service. It also looked for innovation and creativity, social responsibility and effectiveness of business operations.
The YEA Awards are an initiative of Bizna Kenya and recognize Kenyan entrepreneurs between the age of 18 and 35 years old. The awards also aim to create a network of outstanding young entrepreneurs and encourage more to start their own businesses.
Bizna Kenya is an award winning business news and support website that provides marketing and enterprise development solutions to small businesses and entrepreneurs.
The winners will get marketing and other business support services worth Ksh. 1 Million. Here is the full list of winners.
- Anyiko Owoko of Anyiko Public Relations (Service Industry Awards)
- Samuel Majani of Ghafla (Digital Technology)
- Pancras Mwangi, Expedition Maasai Safaris co-founder – Young Entrepreneur – male
- Michelle Ntalami of Marini Naturals – Young Entrepreneur -Female
- Tim Kipchumba of Questworks (Real Estate)
- Rodgers Kirwa of iAgribiz Africa (Agripreneur)
- Abel Mutua of Phil-It (Entertainment)
- Mercy Kyallo of Yallo Ltd (Manufacturing)
- Ian Mati of Vintara Collections-Ke (Fashion and Beauty)
- Martin Ruga of Deserts Anyone Ltd (Hospitality)