Airtel, StanChart, MasterCard launch virtual card on mobile phone
Airtel Africa, Standard Chartered Bank and MasterCard Worldwide have launched the worldâ€™s first virtual card that operates off a mobile wallet linked to Airtelâ€™s Airtel money. The product ,known as â€˜PayOnlineâ€™, will give registered Airtel customers the ability to make online purchases from any site where MasterCard is accepted.
The single use shopping card will be initially available in Kenya and will be rolled across Africa in the second phase of the launch program.
World’s First Solar Powered Laptop Launched In Kenya
Samsung have launched the Samsung Netbook NC215S in the local market as part of a global launch. The laptop is a world’s first as itâ€™s the first and only solar netbook. The laptop is loaded with a front cover panel that captures energy from the sun and allows the user to recharge the battery automatically and without cost.
The Samsung solar powered netbook has the following features:
- 1024 x 700 pixel 10.1-inch Superbright LED screen with anti-reflective coating (Ideal for outside usage).
- Intel Atom Dual core N570 processor
- 1GB of DDR3 RAM
- 250GB hard drive
- 802.11b/g/n WiFi, 10/10 LAN
- Bluetooth V3.0 High speed.
- 14.5 hours stand-by capability
- Can charge a smartphone, MP3 player and other devices via its USB port, even when the PC is switched off or in power-saving mode.