Safaricom recently announced that it has made permanent the double internet speeds announced in March last year. According to them, this was a move to encourage people to work remotely. For the same prices, users will now enjoy double internet speeds, which came into effect on March 1st 2021.
Safaricom Home Fibre service provides Internet via fibre to homes all over the country in Kenya.
It is available in Nairobi, Nakuru, Mombasa, Kisumu, Eldoret, Thika, Bungoma, Kitale, Nyeri and Nanyuki among other towns. In Nairobi, the service is available in Nyayo Estate, Imara Daima, South B, Langata Estate, Ongata Rongai, Kiambu Road, Ruaka, Runda, Parklands, Westlands, Kileleshwa, Mountain View, Kinoo and Kikuyu among other estates.
The Safaricom Home Fibre service has two plans:
- Safaricom Home Fibre – Fibre Internet only
- Safaricom Home Fibre Plus – Fibre Internet, mobile calls, mobile data, and SMS
The new Safaricom Home Fibre Packages are listed below:
Safaricom Home Fibre Prices for 2021
|Package||FIBRE SPEEDS||MONTHLY COST||FAIR USAGE POLICY (FUP) LIMIT||SPEEDS AFTER FAIR USAGE||SECURE NET (AT NO COST)|
Safaricom Home Fibre Plus prices for 2021
|Package||FIBRE SPEEDS||MOBILE RESOURCES||MONTHLY COST||FAIR USAGE POLICY (FUP) LIMIT||SPEEDS AFTER FAIR USAGE||SECURE NET (AT NO COST)|
|Bronze Plus||8mbps||5GB + 400 Minutes + Unlimited SMS||Ksh. 4,049||500GB||1mbps||N/A|
|Silver Plus||20Mbps||5GB + 400 Minutes + Unlimited SMS||Ksh. 5,150||1000GB||3Mbps||N/A|
|Gold Plus||40Mbps||5GB + 400 Minutes + Unlimited SMS||Ksh. 7,349||1000GB||3Mbps||Included|
|Diamond Plus||100Mbps||5GB + 400 Minutes + Unlimited SMS||Ksh. 13,549||1000GB||3Mbps||Included|
- Installation is Ksh. 3,000.00 for a new connection. If you do not carry your router when relocating, you will be charged Ksh. 6,500 as a replacement fee for the router.
- The Safaricom Home Fibre plans are subject to a Fair Usage Policy with usage limits and throttle speeds as indicated in the table above. Upon reaching the Fair Usage limit for the package, the speeds will be throttled to 1Mbps for Bronze plans and 3Mbps for Silver, Gold and Diamond plans for the remainder of the validity period of the subscription.
- The Gold and Diamond packages will include Securenet service offering parental control and anti-malware protection. Bronze and Silver packages will need to purchase Securenet service separately.
- Customer care is accessible via 400 (customers only).
- Safaricom Home Fibre customers can also access home insurance in a partnership with Jubilee Insurance.