Safaricom Foundation’s Ndoto Zetu initiative has provided medical equipment to health centres in 8 counties across the country.
Fourteen health facilities across the country have received new equipment worth Ksh. 5.7 million from the Safaricom Foundation’s Ndoto Zetu initiative.
In Nyamira County, Nyangweta health centre received a hemoglobin machine while Esianya Dispensary has a new oxygen concentrator and centrifuge machine. Katito hospital and Andingo Opanga health centre in Kisumu are the beneficiaries of a hemoglobin Machine and an equipped maternity wing respectively.
Manoa Dispensary in Taita Taveta received delivery beds, baby warmers and medicine trolleys while Kwale’s Mazeras health centre now has new maternity beds and delivery coaches.
In Nakuru, Mangu health centre received maternity equipment with Molo South and Losibil dispensaries receiving blood pressure machines and an outpatient facility respectively.
Other health facilities that have benefited from the initiative so far include Nyeri hospice with ward beds and oncology chairs and Nyeri’s Purity Elderly Care Foundation which received wheelchairs, adult diapers, walking sticks, walking frames and portable toilets.
Gakimbi Health Centre in Meru have also benefitted from maternity equipment and Geetha Health Dispensary in Tharaka – Nithi also received medical equipment. In Kiambu, Early Milestones Interventions and Development Centre also received therapy equipment.
The Ndoto Zetu Initiative was launched by Safaricom in 2019 with an aim of transforming the lives of communities across the country for the better. The public was asked to submit deserving projects that the initiative should support and to date Ndoto Zetu has impacted over 50,000 people through 300 projects across 40 counties.
Full List of Beneficiaries and Amounts are below;
· Full hemoglobin Machine to Katito Sub-County Laboratory Hospital, Kisumu County funded at a cost of Kshs 400,000.00
· Hemoglobin Machine to Nyangweta Health Centre, Nyamira County funded at a cost of Kshs 400,000.00
· Oxygen Concentrator and Centrifuge Machine to Esianya Dispensary, Nyamira County funded at a cost of Kshs 400,000.00
· Equipped Maternity Wing to Andingo Opanga Health Centre, Kisumu County funded at a cost of Kshs 400,000.00
· Delivery beds, baby warmers, Medicine Trolley and TV Set to Manoa Dispensary, Taita Taveta County funded at a cost of Kshs 900,000.00
· Maternity beds, beddings and delivery coaches to Mazeras Health Centre, Kwale County funded at a cost of Kshs 400,000.00
· Maternity Equipment to Mang’u Health Centre, Nakuru County funded at a cost of Kshs 500,000.
· Blood Pressure Machines, Weighing Scales and Electric sterilizers to Molo South Dispensary, Nakuru County funded at a cost of Kshs 158,000.00
· Outpatient Facility to Losibil Dispensary, Nakuru County funded at a cost of Kshs 245,000.00
· Ward beds and Oncology Chairs to Nyeri Hospice Organization, Nyeri County funded at a cost of Ksh 500,000.00
· Wheel Chairs, Adult diapers, Walking Sticks, Walking Frames and Portable Toilets to Purity Elderly Care Foundation, Nyeri County funded at a cost of Kshs 460,000.00
· Maternity Equipment to Gakimbi Health Centre, Meru County funded at a cost of Kshs 500,000.00
· Basic Medical Equipment to Gaketha Health Dispensary, Tharaka – Nithi County funded at a cost of Kshs 500,000.00
· Therapy equipment to Early Milestones Interventions and Development Centre on Wednesday funded at a cost Kshs 200,000.00