Baking competition TV show, the Great Bake Off, is coming to Kenya in partnership with Unga Limited. The show is a franchise owned by the BBC and Kenya will be the 32nd country to have the show and the second in Africa, after South Africa.
It is based on the Great British Bake Off, a British television baking competition in which a group of amateur bakers compete against each other in a series of rounds, attempting to impress a group of judges with their baking skills. A contestant is eliminated in each round, with the winner being selected from the contestants who reach the finals.
The Kenyan version is dubbed The Great Kenyan Bake Off and will be produced by Showstopper Media Ltd. production will be in July and August 2019.
To participate in the competition, you need the following;
- You must be aged 18 or above by 15th April 2019.
- You must be a citizen of Kenya.
- You cannot have ever worked full time as a baker, cook or chef.
- Your main source of income must not derive from commercial baking in a professional environment
- You must be able to commit to all the filming days required which are currently expected to be during July and August 2019.
- Apply to the competition by 20th May 2019 here thegreatkenyanbakeoff.com/form.