Edith Kimani is one of the youngest journalists in Kenya. She works with a local media station, Kenya Television Network (KTN) and is currently pursuing her undergraduate degree at the United States International University (USIU).
Edith is also an ambassador for CATSI (The Cancer Awareness and Treatment Support Initiative). A lover of literature, Edith has an enviable collection of classic novels which include the divine comedy by Dante and her favorite, Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf. She is also a supporter of local arts and frequently attends locally staged plays. Having a background in theatre, Ms. Kimani especially enjoys locally written productions.
We had a few questions for her, and this is what she had to say :-
1. What was your first phone?
Nokia something. I donâ€™t remember the make, but I know it was blueâ€¦and pretty!
2. What do you prefer? Facebook or Twitter? Why?
Twitter. Definitely easier and faster to network.
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years
Somewhere working on my P.H.D while heading an Edith Kimani foundation.
4. Any question for us? We’ll publish our answer as well
Who is â€˜us’?
– According to our computer server, “we” are 101010100101010111110100101010111110101011010101001111110101010101000011111100101001010100101111111101001
5. What would you do if you were president for a day?
Fire everyone in the current government so that the president the next day, would have a fresh start.
6. Whats your favourite book & movie?
Without a doubt, Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf. Read it 4 going on 5 times. Movie is a little more tricky but fight club is right up there.
7. Who/What inspired you to do what you do now?Everything and everyone. There are so many stories to be told, so little airtime.
8. If you were to change jobs, what profession would you get into? Why?
I would be a Nigerian actress. Those ladies look like they have too much fun! If that fails, then I would get into development.
9.If you had a superpower, what would it be?
Read peoples thoughts. I hate it when people lie so problem solved!
10. If you were deserted on an abandoned island what 5 things would you
want to have?
I would just need three actually, Mrs. Dalloway-the book. The moments I shared with my dad. A genie in a bottle to grant me the second wish a million times over.
11. If you were a car, what car would you like to be? Why?
*To be answered later once I have googled recent cars and come up with something sufficiently convincing*â€¦we can go with horse chariot for now.
12. If you could be in any band in the world, which one would you like to be
BLACK EYED PEASâ€¦(not sure of they are a band though) why? HAVE YOU SEEN THEIR CONCERTS?!
13. Share something interesting about yourself with our readers.>>>SYSTEM ERROR<<<Seriously though, Iâ€™m a small girl taking on the big world in a way no small girl has done before. Phenomenal woman, thatâ€™s me.