Sinapis, a business accelerator program, hosted their second women entrepreneurship workshop titled Successfully growing your business as a female entrepreneur this past weekend. The training session attracted over 300 participants from various business sectors who were engaged in informative panel discussions led by prominent female entrepreneurs.
The Sinapis Training session is held bi-monthly and tackles the challenge of insufficient business know- how among Kenyan entrepreneurs by providing practical business skills. The areas covered are: sales and marketing, finance, operations and human resource management.
The topics that were discussed at the training:
- Major hurdles you will face as a woman when growing your business
- Top 5 things women need to stop doing that are hindering their business growth
- Resources that will help you take your business to the next level
The panelists in attendance for the training were:
- Terry Mungai – Who runs the Ashleys chain of high-end salon and beauty shops
- Judith Owigar – Co-founder of AkiraChix and the Founder of Juakali Workforce
- Pat Okelo – Founder of Conferencing In A Box Limited and Willart Production Limited. She has also written a book on entrepreneurship “A Candid Handbook For Women Doing Business in Kenya.”
- Mary Muthoni – The 1st elected female director (Women & Gender) at the Kenya National Chambers of Commerce & Industry
- Renee Ngamau – A certified business and career coach, NLP trainer and speaker was the event moderator.