Leading Kenyan media personality, Caroline Mutoko is among the mentors of One Young World, a global youth empowerment program. This year, she has once again dedicated a leadership award to support one young Kenyan to participate in the One Young World Summit 2018.
Article continues after advertisement
In 2017, Chebet Lesan, CEO and Founder of Bright Green Renewable Energy Ltd. was the lucky recipient of the award.
The One Young World annual summit attracts young bright leaders from all over the world. The summit makes it possible for these young people to interact with world leaders, representatives from global and national companies, NGOs and like minded peers. In the past, personalities like Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu, Kofi Annan and Sir Richard Branson have graced the summit.
What does the leadership award include?
- An invite to the One Young World Summit 2018 which will take place in The Hague, The Netherlands
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 17 October and 20 October
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue and airport transfers
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
Qualifications for the award
- Aged 18 – 30
- A current resident of Kenya, with a plan to remain in Kenya for the foreseeable future.
- A first time applicant (so not a One Young World Ambassador already)
- Show leadership ability
- Show concern for local and related global issues
- Ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
- Demonstrate teamwork
- Be able to highlight why youth are so critical for the future of Kenya and Africa
To apply, go HERE. Deadline for application is 16 May 2018.