The Kenya immigration department has issued a public notice to the effect that from 2 October 2017, all applications for work permit,special pass,dependent pass and student, research or internship pass will require a police clearance certificate (PCC) obtained either from the country of origin or that of habitation.

For all new cases, original PCCs will need to be secured from the official police authorities in the assignee’s country of origin or habitation.Country of habitation is where the assignee currently resides (if the country is different from their country of origin or citizenship).

For renewals of either work permit or passes, the assignees will be required to secure the clearance from Kenya’s Directorate of Criminal Investigation offices. For this purpose, Kenya will be the country of habitation.