@UrbaneKenyan (Zack Mukewa) is a Business Analyst. He claims to have interest in good governance and enjoys Economics; reading, talking and developing models. He is an eagle by character (look it up). He eats Chicken and listens to Jazz… Sometimes he tries to be a superhero; sometimes he discovers he is the villain. A coin; polite and polished on one end, rogue and street on the other. The rest will be said someday in his eulogy, when he canâ€™t hearâ€¦ SMHâ€¦
We had a few questions for him & this is what he had to say
1. What was your first phone?
SAGEM (read kha-sachem) a little silver one with a looooong antenna.
2. What do you prefer? Facebook or Twitter? Why?
Twitter; interesting people there…
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Turning my house upside down searching for car keys to rush to a meeting or project site; chances are my wife, future wife will have hidden them in pursuit of happiness.
Seriously though, in five years I hope to be a Development Economics professional or consultant both independent and attached to a fund with worldwide appeal/ mandate. I also hope to be a ranch owner.
4. His question to us: Do they sell Vitenge in Kitengela?
Yes, all types :).
5. What would you do if you were president for a day?
I would rid the government of departments with duplicated and related responsibility. I would then redefine the role of Development Financial Institutions in implementing the governmentâ€™s development agenda. When I am done with that, Iâ€™ll throw a party, to do what Vladimir Putin did by retaining power and handing over a post to a protÃ©gÃ©, Dmitri Medvedevâ€¦
6. Whatâ€™s your favorite book& movie?
No favorites, maybe memorable and influencing.
The most memorable book Iâ€™ve read in the recent past is â€˜Michael Gill Gates ~ How Starbucks Saved My Lifeâ€™. In a nutshell, I learnt to focus on what supposedly does not matter; sometimes it turns out to be what matters most. This sounds clichÃ© but I truly find Barack Obamaâ€™s two books very appealing on so many levels.
The movie has to be The God Father, 1 and 2
7. Who/What inspired you to do what you do now?
Some mean teachers back in primary school, and some from high school.
8. If you were to change jobs, what profession would you get into? Why?
I would be an Architect because that was my first love.
9. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
The power to hypnotize; I would get and get away with stuff, make deals and basically, stay at the topâ€¦of whatever I figured important at a given time.
10. If you were deserted on an abandoned island what 3/5 things would you Want to have?
- Will the island have an endless supply of chicken?
- Some endless supply of Heineken maybe?
- Will I be stuck with Sofia Vergara? For laughter; funny women are quite captivating, I think and sheâ€™s kind of hotâ€¦
- A guitar, I will finally have time to learn playing it rightâ€¦
- Knife and Match box (I hear most people would find them useful, I might find use as well)
11. If you were a car, what car would you like to be? Why?
Iâ€™d have to be Mercedes Benz, C – Coupe. Itâ€™s Class, Elegance, and Personalâ€¦ Good for an executive with loner tendencies. I have those, I think.
12. If you could be in any band in the world, which one would you like to be in? Why?
Perhaps Blue band? I used to lick that in boarding schoolâ€¦ Seriously though, not such a band fad; but maybe Just a Band? They can feature me in their next video, as Zakmende…
13. Share something interesting about yourself with our readers.
I have nine lives, seriously. So far I have lived two.