Shiko is a blogger from Mombasa. She describes her style as easy & advises that her articles be taken less a pinch of salt. She lives by the simple motto ‘Relax, it’s only life’.
We had a few questions for her & this is what she had to say.
1. What was your first phone?
Please allow me to tell you about my second. Samsung SGH something flip/flap. She was such a girl. She had sleek shiny ivory coloured skin, well rounded figure, soft curves and super sensitive buttons #nohomo. And the voice! Oh the polyphonic voice! I spent a good three years with that beauty but with the advancement in phone features, I realized that she was quite the absolute blonde.
2. do you prefer? Facebook or Twitter?
Twitter no doubt. On facebook I have a happy mix of family ranging from teenagers to their 50 year old mums. That is no unified audience for my Sasha Fierce and any other assorted identities that may crop up every once in a while. On twitter on the other hand, I am Shiko. Shiko is mostly a pair of palms. And Shiko is not even my name.
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
There is something about that question that makes my brains screech to a complete halt and then proceed to freeze. Not that I don’t know my dreams and aspirations. Just.
4. The Question to us: Have the brains behind wamathai.com been Q&A’d outside of wamathai.com? Can I Q&A you on my blog?
- We haven’t yet so we can have the first one on your blog 🙂
5. What would you do if you were president for a day?
President of what, a country? Which country? Colombia? Afghanistan? Mexico? I would vanquish the cultivation and distribution of opiates and everything else of that ilk. What do they think they are, cute little poppies that can beat the best brains?
6. Whats your favourite book and movie?
I know a lot of things, and then I don’t know a lot of things. This is one of those things that I don’t know.
7. What inspired you to do what you do?
My current day job came totally by accident. My side hustle (small time decor) came about because I have a creative mind and the ideas were threatening to go burst in said mind. Blogging on the other hand? They kept telling me I could write. I kept asking write what. Write where. Then blogging came along and the rest is current affairs. Something about part of this paragraph sounds plagiarized.
8. If you were to change jobs, what profession would you go into? Why?
There is this dairy farmer who recently said he makes 400k a month. This would urm inspire me to turn my urbanite brains around to dairy farming. I would please ask for quiet cows as a not too much to ask for bonus. Like seriously, make your milk silently. No mooing about.
9. If you had a super power, what would it be?
I’d like to possess power to stealthily eliminate the simple dot on all gadgets that access the nets worldwide. Then sit back and watch the dot world apocalypse. Perched on a what now, a com?
10. If you were deserted on an abandoned island, what five things would you like to have?
A whole five things? Where’s your sense of adventure? If marooning comes to be then I might as well have the full Robinson Crusoe experience. On second thought a kick ass phone would be nice. Kick ass enough to charge self. And maybe a solar charger so long as we are not talking winter in Antarctica. Do they have islands there?
11. If you were a car, what car would you like to be? Why?
Previously I would have said any car that moves simply because well. it’s a car and it moves. But car manufacturers have since ruined that blissful ignorance for me. Like since Nissan started making one shoulder dress cubes. Sheeeesh!
12. If you were to be in any band in the world, which one would you like to be in? Why?
Is Mickey Stone a band? OMG no he is not a band. I would still like to be in that band regardless. Why Mickey? Because he’s a superb grifter why else?! Come on. *grins*
13. Is there anything you would like to share with our readers?
I read somewhere that if a man is abandoned long enough without any women in sight his beard would stop growing. All the beard growing is for us? Oh hunks, ya’ll are so sweet!