Savvy Kenya used to chronicle the life of a Kenyan campus girl. Now she blogs whenever she takes a break from meeting presidents on twitter. She listens to rock and consequently loves X FM. She aspires to be a biker.
1. What was your first phone
A Nokia Something. Not the 3310, it was more like the 1110 but not quite. I canâ€™t remember the model though.
2. What do you prefer? Facebook or Twitter? Why?
What is Facebook? Iâ€™m first of all a tweep. Then a tweep second.
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years
This question keeps popping up everywhere I go! If itâ€™s not job interviews, itâ€™s friends and now you guys, sigh! I hope to have achieved some of dreams. Not sure which ones though. Letâ€™s hope I will have crossed off at least 10 countries in Africa and 3 continents off my to-visit list.
4. Any question for us? We’ll publish our answer as well
What did you dream of last night? Be honest.
- The spoken word piece by the Jamaican fellow that was on the screen just before POWO May started.
5. What would you do if you were president for a day?
Fire the entire cabinet. Though I think this might have been someone elseâ€™s wish, I do share it. There are so many things I would do that one thing I would end up not doing is sleep.
6. Whats your favourite book & movie?
Iâ€™ve read thousands (I believe I crossed the thousand mark in high school so that puts me in the thousands category) of books and almost watched 1000 movies. Hard to choose a favourite unless itâ€™s something recent.
Book: The Harry Potter series. I would reread them any day. Also A Tale of Two Cities. Also Stephen Kingâ€™s The Stand. I remember the names of the characters from these books as if I read them yesterday.
Movie: Inception amongst many others
7. Who/What inspired you to do what you do now?
I have many mentors. It would need a whole blogpost. People who inspire me in writing, blogging, love, life. They are many.
8. If you were to change jobs, what profession would you
get into? Why?
Travel writing. You get paid to travel. On the side, do some restaurant reviews. You get paid to eat. Or sports journalist, you get paid to watch sports from vantage points, most of the time. Good thing is, itâ€™s not too late to change jobs! Or to do it all!
9.If you had a superpower, what would it be?
The power to have other powers. If I want speed, invisibility, flying, reading other peopleâ€™s thoughtsâ€¦ you get the drift.
10. If you were deserted on an abandoned island what
5 things would you want to have?
- My phone, with an internet connection so I can keep tweeting what an awesome time Iâ€™m having on an island even if Iâ€™m miserable, just like most tweeps do in clubs and other places. Okay, maybe a few tweeps.
- The Bible. It has enough miracle stories to keep hope alive.
- Endless supply of food and water.
- Pen and paper (Iâ€™ve always wanted go to a quiet place and become the great writer Iâ€™m supposed to be)
- A few people I like. Oh, wait, they are not things. Then pictures of the people I like so I can hung them above my makeshift bed and gaze upon them every night.
11. If you were a car, what car would you like to be? Why?
A Range Rover Sport. Why? Because I like big cars.
12. If you could be in any band in the world, which one
would you like to be in? Why?
Any metal band. How would you like to scream SUUUIIIICIIIIDEEEE and just like that, you got a following! You donâ€™t even have to know how to sing! That being said, I donâ€™t listen to that kind of er.. non-music.