Uber Kenya has partnered with Total Kenya to provide its drivers with discounts on fuel and vehicle maintenance.
To access the discounts, drivers should collect their fuel cards from the Uber Greenlight Hub. With the cards they will be able to get a discount on fuel and car wash and free oil change upon purchases of oil at over 60 Total Kenya petrol stations countrywide.
The new partnership is under the Uber Rewards programme where the taxi service provides benefits to its drivers. Among the initiatives in the programme include:
- Launch of Uber’s Greenlight Hub, an office space that serves Uber’s drives as a resource center which provides technical support to drivers on the app.
- Partnership with Jubilee Insurance to offer drivers affordable motor vehicles insurance
- Partnership with Kingsway to offer discounts on car maintenance plus 30% discount on all service related products.
- Partnership with M.P-Shah Hospital to offer regular free medical checkups for all driver-partners who visit Uber’s Greenlight Hub.
- Partnership with Rescue by Flare Emergency Response to offer free first aid trainings to Uber driver-partners on a monthly basis.
Uber launched in Nairobi in 2015, in Mombasa in 2016 and is available in other African cities such as Cape Town, Durban, Joburg, Pretoria, Port Elizabeth, Lagos, Abuja, Kampala, Accra, Kumasi and Dar es Salaam.
Uber rivals Taxify have also started a reward programme for drivers with the launch of a partnership with Stanbic and Renault. Under the partnership, drivers will be able to buy Renault KWIDs to use on the taxi service.