You can now be able to top up your PayPal account via M-Pesa in Kenya.
To top up your account, you need to do the following:
1. Have a PayPal account.
2. Go to paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa and click on log in (top right corner).
3. You will be prompted to log in and thereafter agree to terms of using the service.
4. Add your M-Pesa phone number.
How to top up PayPal via M-PESA
- Log into your account at paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa and click “Top Up”.
- Enter the amount you would like to top up in USD and click “Calculate” to get the equivalent amount converted in Kenya Shillings. This is the amount you need to transfer from M-PESA.
- Go to your M-PESA menu and select “Lipa na M-PESA” then the “Pay Bill” option.
- Enter Business Number 800088.
- Enter your phone number as the Account Number.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and press “Send”.
- Cost – You will be charged 4% conversion fee + PayBill M-PESA charges will apply.
- Top up time – It may take up to 4 hours for the money to reflect in your PayPal account.
- Exchange rate – It will appear at the bottom of the top up page.
- Transaction limits – Ksh. 70,000 per transaction and Ksh. 140,000 per day.