1. What was your first phone?
An Alcatel brick of some sort. I can’t even remember but it was soon replaced with a Nokia 3310.
2. What do you prefer? Facebook or Twitter? Why?
Facebook is people you went to school with. Twitter is people who you wish you’d gone to school with it. I have a happy balance between the two but prefer Twitter.
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years
I’m not one into long term planning. I have plans for the future that involve my kids. For some reason I seem to have stopped thinking about my long-term plans and concentrate on theirs instead.
4. Any question for us? We’ll publish our answer as well
Which Kenyan politician do you think has had plastic surgery or some bodily improvement done on themselves and who do you think needs it the most?
- Good one! Kalonzo Musyoka immediately springs to mind, but we are of the opinion the Speaker of the National Assembly has had his sense of humour surgically removed. He needs it restored 🙂
5. What would you do if you were president for a day?
I’d play golf. Seriously. To be able to make change and implement it as a president, I know I will need more than just a day.
6. Whats your favourite book, movie?
I don’t have any one book that is my favourite because I just love to read. I have my books from my teenage years and my daughter has started reading some of my old books which pleases me immensely.
My favourite movie of all time is an Amitabh Bachchan classic called Sholay. It has been translated into many languages and is a very popular movie that went beyond Bollywood. The other movie I really love is City of Angels starring Meg Ryan and Nicholas Cage. Can anyone love someone so much that they give up being an angel just to love them….? *sigh*
7. Who inspired you to do what you do now?
My Grandmum’s sister was a radio presenter at VOK and so was her husband. As for writing, the inspiration comes from reading so much from childhood onwards. I love words and when I’d run out of books to read I’d read my dictionary.
My attempt at ‘word of the day’ used to drive my family mad.
8. If you were to change jobs, what profession would you get into and why?
I’d teach children. There is something wonderful about imparting the knowledge one accumulates and also learning from children by being around them is always an experience. Either that or I’d be in some sort of PR role.
I love to meet people and to try and sell ice cubes to Eskimos.
9. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
I’d love to have the power of mind reading!
10. If you were deserted on an abandoned island what 5 things would you want to have?
I’d want to have a boat to start with! I’m a communication freak so I’d need a way to get in touch with someone, anyone. My phone has an iPod so I’ll have my music to keep me company. A sharp knife would be helpful for defence. I’m not really sure what else I’d want on this island… maybe a Man Friday? 🙂
11. If you were a car, what car would you like to be? Why?
I’d want to be a sleek Mercedes Benz SLK…. enough said.
12. If you could be in any band in the world, which one would you like to be in? Why?
I’m not sure about this one. I’m more an audience type of person. Besides the teenage years of singing into my hairbrush in front of my mirror, getting caught by my brother and beating him up for laughing at me I don’t think I’ve wanted to be in a band as such. But I do love music…!
13. Would you like to share something interesting about yourself with our readers.
I don’t know if this interesting or not…
maybe it borders on weird….
My day job is to talk and I’m very active on social networks.
Meet me in real life and I sometimes become painfully shy.
I once had over 400 pairs of shoes but I sold over half of them to give proceeds to charity.
I would love to say I have six fingers on my left foot but the only thing I can come up with is crooked teeth that everyone stare at when talking to me because most of the time I have lipstick on them and no one tells me until I see their eyes wandering towards my teeth then I instantly know I have lipstick on my teeth.