Robert Kunga is an Independent Financial Analyst and a blogger. <optional> He has an unhealthy obsession with mobile phones designed in Finland. </optional> His previous roles included working for 5 years as an Auditor at a top local firm, having handled clients ranging from large manufacturing concerns, banks and other financial institutions to small and medium retail enterprises. He currently serves as the Head of Operations at the Bloggers Association of Kenya. Among other duties in that role he recently served as a member of a technical working group at the CCK that helped develop Kenya’s National Broadband Strategy.
We had a few questions for him and this is what he had to say
1. What was your first phone?
It was a Siemens M30, had an FM radio and a red backlight.
Got stolen though 🙁
2. What do you prefer? Facebook or Twitter? Why?
I’d have to say Twitter, Why? Because its amazing.
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years
I’d be in a bathroom , looking at myself in the mirror, but I’d be running my own company
4. Any question for us? We’ll publish our answer as well
When is #WamathaiFeb?
#WamathaiFeb will be on 12th 0r 13th of February
5. What would you do if you were president for a day?
I”d dissolve the cabinet and appoint fresh people, then take a ride in the presidential jet.
6. Whats your favourite book and movie?
Book I’d have to say its a tie between “Without Remorse” by Tom Clancy and “ReImagine!” by Tom Peters
Movie, Shawshank Redemption
7. Who/What inspired you to do what you do now?
My mum. The only thing she was ever afraid of when I was growing up were her Auditors. I figured there must be something there…
8. If you were to change jobs, what profession would you get into? Why?
Probably IT, most of my pals think I’m a geek.
9.If you had a superpower, what would it be?
Flight!! I’d love that.
10. If you were deserted on an abandoned island what 3 things would you want to have?
A Samsung Galaxy Tablet
An Unlimited Data Plan
A Solar Charger
11. If you were a car, what car would you like to be? Why?
An Audi RS4 Avant, Its a station-wagon thats faster than a Porsche 911, its practical but at the same time its exciting, just like me.
12. If you could be in any band in the world, which one would you like to be in? Why?
Elani, so that I’d get to sing with my baby sister.