The Nairobi Innovation Week has announced awards for startups participating in this year’s Nairobi Innovation Week Startups’ programme, the Nairobi Innovation Challenge.
The Top 6 Most Promising Startups will get the following package of awards;
- FREE exhibition booth during the Nairobi Innovation Week.
- Complimentary tickets into the NIW Innovation Summit on 13th and 14th June 2019.
- Exclusively pitch to potential investors, partners and customers at the NIW Innovation Summit on 14th June 2019.
- Become the face of Nairobi Innovation Week.
- FREE publicity and interviews with NIW Media Partners.
- Training, coaching and mentorship from experts.
- An entrepreneurship scholarship from a leading training institution in Kenya.
- 1 year free subscription to an online Digital Business Planning tool.
Additionally, the top 30 selected startups will receive training, coaching and mentorship then pitch to a panel of judges. In addition to this, they will also receive free publicity, complimentary tickets into the NIW Innovation Summit, a 1 year free subscription to an online Digital Business Planning tool and a chance to meet with potential investors.
The Top 100 vetted startups will be trained, coached and mentored before pitching to a panel of judges. They will also receive free publicity and a 1 year free subscription to an online Digital Business Planning tool.
The call for startups is live at startups.niw.co.ke until12th April. Startups can apply and update their profiles on the Startups’ online portal for consideration in 2019. Startups in early stage and growth stage are eligible.
NIW 2019 will be held from 10th -14th June at the University of Nairobi Great Court. Participating startups are set to connect, learn from mentors, coaches and peers alongside being discovered by potential investors, partners and customers. Participating startups are expected to complete creating and updating their profiles and those of their team members for selection among the top 100 startups.