Bob Collymore is the CEO of Safaricom. He is passionate about the company he runs, his friends, flying, music and the arts. He was born in South America, grew up in Europe and worked in Asia and Africa. He has spent an eternity working in the telecommunications industry but has had a short sojourn as a portrait artist.
When he’s not running Kenya’s largest mobile network, he splits his time between commitments to UN activities on sustainability, women and children’s health and ethical business practice and a few local charitable projects. He wishes he had more time to fly and to paint and dreams of one day becoming a bush pilot
We had a few questions for him and this is what he had to say:
1. What was your first phone?
2. What do you prefer? Facebook or Twitter? Why?
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
4. Any question for us? We’ll publish our answer as well
5. What would you do if you were president for a day?
6. What’s your favourite book & movie?
7. Who/What inspired you to do what you do now?
8. If you were to change jobs, what profession would you get into? Why?
9. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
10. If you were deserted on an abandoned island what 5 things would you want to have?
11. If you were a car, what car would you like to be? Why?
12. If you could be in any band in the world, which one would you like to be in? Why?