Sally is an art lover. Poetry, Music and all things nice in the artistic world. She absolutely loves Ice cream and her friends. Through her own poetry, she lives out her dreams and fantasies as well as confronts her fears and short comings, basically the stories of her life (and the lives of others who affect her) can be found at www.freespoken.net.
The website also features pieces from various other writers e.g. Michael Onsando, Beatrice Ndunda and Henry Githaiga.
She also would like us to make it clear that she loves Jewelery
We had a few questions for her, this is what she had to say
1. What was your first phone?
I believe my first phone was a Nokia…I dont remember the number but it was grey and black.
2. What do you prefer? Facebook or Twitter? Why?
I prefer Facebook, its the lesser of the two evils i guess. Less information overload.
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years
Wow! Itâ€™s hard enough to know where I’ll be in the next 5 weeks! I’ll tell you this though, I see myself at place where I will be content and well grounded, having learned from the goofs and hardships I encounter today.
4. Any question for us? We’ll publish our answer as well
Eeerm…What is your song of the today? As in what keeps playing in your head?
Friday â€“ Rebecca Black
5. What would you do if you were president for a day?
Well, I would re-introduce authentic African history in schools. So people may know that Africa was not discovered and that our history is not about colonization, but that we are the alma mater of all human civilization.
6. Whats your favourite book & movie?
Book: Bell Hooks’ – Ain’t I a Woman. (Wonderful read this.)
Movie: Well Documentary actually, itâ€™s called ‘We’ by Arundhati Roy
7. Who/What inspired you to do what you do now?
Well, my inspiration for coming back to school? I suppose I was challenging the mediocrity of being safe in my comfort zone. So I decided to go blindly to a place where I know no one and where I’m not too sure what the future holds.
And definitely my Dad played a great part inspiring me to do this as well.
8. If you were to change jobs, what profession would you get into? Why?
I would be a teacher. Mostly I would really love the experience of learning as I am teaching, you know, discovering the world and myself through the exchange of knowledge from those being taught.
9.If you had a superpower, what would it be?
Teleporting! Being able to physically experience being in different places in anytime I want to, in a flash! Totally awesome.
10. If you were deserted on an abandoned island what 5 things would you want to have?
– Lots of food
– Ice cream
– Sun block
– An iPod
11. If you were a car, what car would you like to be? Why?
A Range Rover – its majestic, its strong, its confident without being flashy…that’s hot.
12. If you could be in any band in the world, which one would you like to be in? Why?
Evanescence!!! To be on stage with Amy Lee… Can you spell HEAVEN?!