Flora Mutahi is the founder and CEO of Melvin Marsh International Ltd and has extensive local and international experience in strategic leadership, business development, market penetration and marketing. Proven ability to innovate, conceptualize and implement products and business solutions and to lead and mentor others to achieve company and personal goals.
Flora is passionate about the next generation seeing them as the future leaders of the nation and believes very strongly in a sound education. Having employed staff for over 18 years, I am well aware of the gaps in the education system and a firm believer in an all rounded education.
On a personal level, Flora is married with three children.
Melvin Marsh International Ltd 1996- date Founder and Chief executive Officer
A food processing company that blends and packages Kenyan tea, Salt and rice products under the brand name Melvins. Located in the busy industrial area of Nairobi, Melvins has grown to be a household name in the Kenyan market, which was dominated by a market leader with 100% market share. Melvin Marsh is currently the largest flavored tea company in Kenya. It is available countrywide and has penetrated several regional and international countries.
As the brainchild of the company, Flora developed and continues to develop the products of the Melvins brand by studying market and country trends. She also provides strategic direction and manages on a day to day with a focus of meeting the objectives of the company. This has included setting up a board of directors to strengthen management and strategic thinking.
- Achieved double digit growth year on year since inception
- Identifies opportunities and made great inroads both locally and internationally for brand building through aggressive sales strategies and market studies. Setup and develop distribution networks for the company
- Created successful management of marketing objectives goals, strategies and tactics for our brand in order to increase brand and company image and visibility both locally and internationally
- Developed a strong team able to meet the companies set out objectives.
- Ensured profitability of the business since inception, by managing all aspects of forecasting and evaluation of business opportunities for the company to deliver results shareholders.
- Set up an international initiative to market Melvins Kenyan teas internationally and participated in trade exhibitions,
- In 2005 increased international client base by setting up and trading in ecommerce for Melvin’s tea.
- Achieved several awards for young Entrepreneur award for women in Business
Top 100, FIRE awards (for good financial accounting),most promising SME among several others.
Azizi Realtors Ltd – 2011 to date – Founder and CEO
Azizi is a Real estate agency based at Lavington shopping Center. Azizi deals rental sales and leasing of both commercial can residential properties.
Muya and Associates 1993-1994
Worked for one year as an auditor preparing company accounts and conducting annual audits.
MBA University of Cape Town 2008- 2010
B.Sc Finance and accounts (UK) 1988-1991
CPA (Certified Public accounts)
AoEC Practitioner Diploma in Executive coaching
Executive marketing Diploma form the Marketing Society of Kenya
Also attended various training courses on Business planning, Business Growth,
Marketing for SME’s, International Marketing, Agoa among others
Centre for Corporate Governance – 5-day training s for directors
Mwongozo training 2015
Board Member Kenya Association of Manufacturers – Chairperson
Board Member Jubilee Insurance Company of Kenya
Board Member Export Promotion Company
Pastime and hobbies
Travelling, spending time with the youth and playing golf.
Flora is passionate about the entrepreneurs, youth and SMEs particulate those run by women. She mentors many and speaks at any opportunity time allows to help them shape their future.