Kenyan eCommerce platform Herdy has launched new app to enable its customers easily buy products from its service. The new app is available for download from the Google Playstore and from the Apple Store.
According to the company, the development of the new app was because of feedback from customers. Among the features that customers asked were the search button and a smoother interface to be able to buy easily from the company.
The new app includes a search feature and customers will also be able to browse products without logging into the app. The features of the new app include;
- Ability to create a shopping list of items that you’d like to buy later.
- Buy airtime feature – You can be able to buy airtime for any mobile number in Kenya. This is in collaboration with iPay.
- Search button
- Reward system – You will be able to earn redeemable points when you shop.
- Ability to browse for products under stores or brand company
- Includes a detailed Terms and conditions‘ policy to help clients better understand Herdy’s processes.
Herdy has also redesigned its website with an intention of also making the shopping experience on it easier for customers. However, you can not be able to access the airtime buying feature on the website as yet.
Herdy was founded by Kenyan entrepreneur Derrick Muturi and is a Kenyan eCommerce platform. It started out by selling largely agricultural products such as meats, fish, fresh fruit, vegetables, flowers, and cereals. It has since expanded to products such as wine, cheese, cake and spreads. It currently stocks over 300 products.
To shop on Herdy, you need to create an account either through your Facebook or Google account. They do same day delivery for orders made before 2 pm. Those that are received later are delivered the following day. If you’re a new client, then you get free delivery on your three orders above Ksh. 3,000. Purchases below Ksh. 2,500 incur a standard delivery fee of Ksh. 100 and orders above it get free delivery. They deliver within Nairobi and in the following areas that neighbour it;
- Kahawa sukari
- Kikuyu town