Tecno has announced that its flagship smartphone, the Tecno Phantom 9, will be launched in Kenya on 15th July 2019. The phone is part of the Phantom series and is a successor of the Tecno Phantom 8.
The smartphone is packed with features such as 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage (expandable to 256 GB via MicroSD card. The phone also comes with a 3500mAh battery capacity coupled with a fast charging system. It runs on latest Android 9 Pie plus HiOS 5.0. It comes with in-screen fingerprint scanner which is a new feature for Tecno smartphones. It is powered by an Octa-core MediaTek MT6765 Helio P35 SoC clocked at 2.35 GHz paired with PowerVR GE8322 for graphical processing.
The screen you will get with the phone is a 6.4 inch FHD+ display with 1080p resolution plus a 32MP dew-drop selfie camera with Dual Flash. The rear camera set up feature a triple camera with 16MP primary camera, 2MP ultra-wide and 8MP depth sensor and Quad Flash support.
The phone has already launched in Nigeria at a price of 77,000 Naira (Ksh. 21,906.55). It is safe to assume that it will launch in Kenya at a price similar to that.
Select Tecno Phantom 9 Specifications
- Screen: 6.4-inch, AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1080 x 2340 pixel resolution
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P22 Processor and PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- Internal storage: 128GB built-in storage space (upgradable to upto 256GB via MicroSD)
- RAM: 6GB RAM
- Rear camera: Triple 16MP + 8MP + 2MP AI rear camera
- Selfie camera: 32MP AI selfie camera
- OS: Android 9 Pie with HIOS 5.0
- Battery: 3500mAh non-removable battery
- Network: 2G/ 3G/ 4G
- Sensors: Fingerprint (In-display Fingerprint scanner), Accelerometer, Proximity, Light, Compass