Kenyans travelling to Ethiopia on business will now require a visa. This was apparently effected two months ago according to the Ethiopia Embassy in Nairobi.
To apply for the visa, the following will be needed together with the visa application form.
- Valid passport with at least 3 blank pages
- 1 recent passport photo
- Letter from employer
- Invitation letter from host indicating purpose and duration of stay
- Airline ticket
- Yellow fever certificate
- Referral/authority letter from Addis Ababa immigration must be sent to the Ethiopian Embassy in Nairobi. The host should apply for the letter in the Immigration office in Addis Ababa.
The fees for the business visa will vary and will be advised upon submission of documents. The following are indicative fees depending on the type of organization that you are representing.
- NGOs – From $60
- Government – Between $20-$30
- Private companies – From $30
Transit visas will not be required for either Kenyan business travellers or tourists. Kenyan tourists do not require a visa to travel to Ethiopia.