From what we are led to understand, Chiira Maina has no bio.
He trained in Acturial Science & is now doing media stuff.
He tweets while living & dreams as he sleeps.
We had a few questions for him and this is what he had to say
1. What was your first phone?
It was an Ericsson something-something. Flip phone & it was black. Green background on the screen & it could not work with USSD codes. It got many conversations going
2. What do you prefer? Facebook or Twitter? Why?
Three months ago, it would have been Twitter. Now it is neither because the people I am
running from are on Twitter. Not good. Not good at all.
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Still being me. Working hard, playing harder & righting wrongs in some place. No kids, no wife, no car but a bike would be good.
4. Any question for us?
If the odds are even, does that leave us with zeroes & infinity?
5. What would you do if you were president for a day? Trick question. Ammend the constitution to be president for at least two more months then sell the S600 Benz to get a Landrover for out of town trips.
Then we can work as we relax by Mt. Kenya or Rutundu Log Cabins.
6. Whats your favourite book & movie?
Oliver Twist for book.
A Tale of Two Cities for book.
The Lord of the Rings trilogy for book & movie.
7. Who inspired you to do what you do now?
Hard to say but all my maths teachers pushed me in the right direction. But my guts have
somehow lead me here.
8. If you were to change jobs, what profession would you get into? Why?
ESPN or NatGeo cameraman. Sports & the wild nature have much more adrenaline than mathematics plus I get to wear shorts & form-fitting tees to work (my chance to model for @FluidTees).
9. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
Work without pay. But I am heading there so no worries about it. Mutant powers would be invisibility.
No, I won’t visit any ladies’ changing rooms.
10. If you were deserted on an abandoned island what 5 things would you want to have?
- My phone,
- A solar-powered charger,
- A knife,
- a hammock &
- chewing gum to last me at least 9 months.
11. If you were a car, what car would you like to be? Why?
Just a Mini Cooper. They are owned by people who care about cars & I know
that I would be tricked out to be a not-so-mean machine that can deliver.
12. If you could be in any band in the world, which one would you like to
be in? Why?
The Roots. Just so that I can finally learn to play
an instrument & hang out with all the cool cats they have worked with.