Bankelele is one of Kenyas most prolific bloggers, he has since 2004 been the best source for information on Banking, Finance, Technology, and Investments. http://bankelele.blogspot.com is often the first place to go after any major event in the world of finance in Kenya, IPOs, AGMs. Bankelele is also the branchild behind the quarterly Urban Inflation Index
We had a few questions for him and this is what he had to say
1. What was your first phone?
Here? Siemens A35 – Safaricom had a special for the 2002 World Cup it cam
with a soccer ball and backpack too – all for Kshs 5,499
2. What do you prefer? Facebook or Twitter? Why?
Twitter I can relate with strangers & companies and learn stuff, something I
don’t do on facebook
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years
Hustling like Al Bundy
4. What would you do if you were president for a day?
I have a pal who will throw all his pals in jail for a day – just to show
them who’s boss and not to mess with his administration by bringing him
Seriously? I’d study history more because there’s no challenge that has not
been faced by another leader in Africa or in World History
5. Whats your favourite book& movie?
Book? for the last few years its been any Reacher book by Lee Child. Movie?
Tough, but Godfather II
6. If you were to change jobs, what profession would you get into? Why?
A conference sherpa or minder for a World leader – one who get’s to travel
a week ahead of the leaderand confirm all arrangments are in place
7 .If you had a superpower, what would it be?
To be Invisible
8. If you were deserted on an abandoned island what 5 things would you want to have?
A 3G phone
9. If you were a car, what car would you like to be? Why?