Streaming service, Showmax, has announced that The Real Housewives of Nairobi reality TV show will premier on the platform on February 23, 2023. The company also announced the cast of the new show.
The Real Housewives of Nairobi will follow five influential and successful women as they navigate their lifestyles, relationships and careers in Nairobi, Kenya. The production of The Real Housewives of Nairobi began in September 2022. The new TV series is a Showmax Original.
The Real Housewives of Nairobi builds on the success of other African franchises. They include The Real Housewives of Johannesburg, which was one of the 10 most streamed domestic series on Showmax in 2019, as well as Durban (RHOD) and Lagos (RHOLagos), which both broke records on Showmax. The Real Housewives of Abuja will premier on Showmax on February 17.
The Real Housewives of Nairobi cast includes:
1. Susan Kaittany – A serial entrepreneur and owner of Posh Palace Hair Studio and Spa and Polished, with the latter being a luxury fragrance and skin care shop. The mother of two left her law profession behind to pursue modelling and travelling before venturing into lifestyle and beauty entrepreneurship.
2. Vera Sidika – A media personality and entrepreneur. Married to singer Brown Mauzo, she is one of Kenya’s most talked about celebrities and alongside her entrepreneurial ventures into the Spa and Herbal Tea industries, Sidika has more recently expanded her talents to music. She has one daughter, with one more child on the way.
3. Sonal Maherali – A luxury influencer, fashion collector and entrepreneur. She established her niche through luxury vlogging in 2010 and the mother of four has since founded Simba Maharani, a luxury clothing and shoe line. Maherali is also an advocate for mental health awareness.
4. Minne Kariuki – An actress and entrepreneur, she is also married to Jaguar’s former manager and businessman Charles Muigai with whom they have two daughters. The youngest of the five housewives, Kariuki is sassy, bold and unapologetic about who she is. Currently, she is also starring in the Showmax Original drama series Single Kiasi.
5. Lisa Christoffersen – An interior designer, author, business owner, rally driver and luxury safari curator. Christoffersen is the founder of Lioness Rally, the first women-only rally team in Kenya, and Lifestyle Nairobi, an artisanal space in Nairobi’s diplomatic hub of Gigiri, featuring an art gallery, restaurants, a spa, organic shops and fashion houses.
Speaking about why these women were selected and why they’re the embodiment of The Real Housewives of Nairobi, Denise Mwende, Showmax Content Specialist in East Africa said, “Each of the ladies has a strong personality and sure identity of themselves. They are hardworking, affluent, influential and unapologetic women who are not ashamed to live large and live well because they have earned it. They’re also a representation of the diverse communities we have in Kenya.”
The Real Housewives of Nairobi is produced by Eugene Mbugua’s D&R Studios (formerly Young Rich Television). It is part of The Real Housewives franchise is licensed as a format by NBCUniversal Formats, which is part of Universal International Studios, a division of Universal Studio Group.
Watch the trailer below: