Showmax Pro will this weekend introduce a different viewing experience for sports fans. This Sunday, 24th October, customers will have access to the multicam feed, a viewing option that lets fans watch the El Clasico Barcelona vs Real Madrid match from multiple angles, while getting all the latest game stats and info.
This is in addition to the standard live stream of the match.
This innovative visual experience gives viewers a greater range of options, providing a new experience and a more customized way of watching football. The multicam feed will consist of four separate feeds on one screen along with the Mediacoach stats and info tool available only on Showmax Pro.
The multicam feed will consist of the following screens.
1. Main screen: This screen includes a special form of superfeed that highlights the main special cameras included in the broadcast. The base feed will be the view from the master camera, complemented by views from the rest of the cameras, drone shots, graphics and live stats.
2. Following the ball: Aerial camera combined with detailed shots. These cameras are always focused on the ball and the player in possession, providing a closer image to follow the player’s actions in detail.
3. Around the goal area: This window shows all the action around the goal area where viewers see the very best shots from every attack on goal as well as highlights of each and every intervention from the keepers.
4. Camera on the bench: This feed alternates between shots of the home and visitors’ benches. The viewer will be able to follow the coaches’ instructions, reactions to key moments in the match and also keep a close eye on the subs.
5. Stats window: The four-image feed leaves space at the bottom of the screen for a layer of dynamic graphics and visuals featuring stats from the match.
“We are proud to be the first online streaming service in Africa to introduce the multicam feed for such a highly anticipated game. Fans are constantly looking for ways to enhance their viewing experience and with this cutting-edge technology, viewers can watch football in style, like Pros,” said Barry Dubovsky, COO for Showmax.
Showmax Pro viewers can also look forward to Premier League fixtures this Sunday. Manchester United will face Liverpool in the North West derby, while Inter Milan plays against Juventus in Europe. Closer to home, the action will be no less intense in the DStv Premiership, where second-placed SuperSport United will be looking to continue their unbeaten run against Kaizer Chiefs.
Showmax Pro is a streaming service available for Showmax subscribers in Africa that bundles the existing Showmax entertainment offering with music channels, news and live sports streaming from SuperSport.
Subscribers can live stream the 2021 seasons of the English Premier League, LaLiga, Serie A, UEFA Europa and UEFA Conference leagues, the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers and more.
Showmax Pro also offers a wide range of other live sports events including athletics, professional boxing, and the world’s biggest marathons.