Alcohol infused desserts are for those of us who have a sweet tooth and would like to get a nice alcoholic buzz while still enjoying their sweets.
Perfect for wine lovers.
- 2 (750ml) bottles of white wine (any white wine will do)
- 1 cup of brandy
- 2 sliced oranges
- 1 sliced lemon
- 1/4 cup of super fine white sugar
Best served chilled. This dessert is great for parties as it can serve up to 15 people. You can also use red wine as your base.
Wine soaked fruit
This is another dessert for wine lovers. For this recipe, let the fruit sit in the fridge for 24 hrs so that it soaks up the alcohol and for the flavours to infuse.
- Wine of your choice
- Strawberries or grapes or a soft fruit of your choice
Cut up the fruit, put it in a container and fill it with wine. Seal it and let it sit in the fridge for 24 hours.
Remove the fruits from the wine and serve it over cake as a substitute for frosting. You can add the zest of lemon or lime if you want.
If you fancy a milkshake and want to get a little tipsy at the same time then this is the dessert for you.
- 4 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup of iced coffee ( brew coffee, add ice cubes and let it sit)
- 2 tbsp mascarpone cheese (you can buy this at Food Plus)
- Whipped cream ( add to you liking)
- Chocolate syrup (add to your liking)
- Cocoa powder ( add to your liking)
- 1/4 cup of Kahlùa (most large liquor stores stock this)
Add the ingredients into a blender and mix.