Mark Kaigwa does a whole bunch of things: He runs GotIssuez.com complain at him or about any product, brand or customer service issues you have and is part of Afrinnovator.com and AfricanDigitalArt.com he also blogs at Mark.co.ke
We had a few questions for him and this is what he had to say, first off, he suggests that you take his answers with a pinch of this
The self proclaimed Kensalt brand ambassador now answers our questions, all edits are his own:-
1. What was your first phone?
A hand-me-down Ericsson from 1990-something. I’d just text people. Girls mostly.
2. What do you prefer? Facebook or Twitter? Why?
Twitter is awesome. I’ve travelled the world because of it (great deal of good fortune considered) and I’ve met the most remarkable friends and peers through it. It’s invaluable to me.
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Initial Public Offering of my first company? Maybe. More likely spending 3 months out of the year travelling and the rest staring at mobile/computer screens and talking to crowds of people about things that happen on mobile and computer screens.
4. Any question for us?
Q: If a tree falls in a forest with nobody around, does it make a sound?
- A: Yes it does! Sounds like “a dozen singing unicorns flying over a sunny sky full of double rainbows.” (See below)
5. What would you do if you were president for a day?
I’d drive people around in the presidential vehicle and make the motorcade a taxi service driving ordinary citizens around then make that a film called…El Presidentialimo.
6. Whats your favourite book & movie?
Movie? I thought you’d never ask, why that would be
<shameless plug alert!> DawaTheFilm </shameless plug alert!> of course. Great film, seen it yet?
Book – The Search for Significance is pretty solid, so’s Rework by Jason Fried.
7. Who/What inspired you to do what you do now?
My family. Very accommodating and patient people who are passionate about seeing me succeed. That and chocolate brownies. They taste so good.
8. If you were to change jobs, what profession would you get into? Why?
I’d probably be a figure skater. First African gold-medalist figure skater…yes. I’m all about my leotards, people.
9.If you had a superpower, what would it be?
Snap my fingers and a dozen singing unicorns fly over a sunny sky full of double rainbows. Trust me, it would make the world a much safer and happier place. That’s the answer to world peace right there. On a serious note, it would be cool to feed people. Like multiplying fish and bread’s not a bad superpower, I quite like the guy who first pulled it off too. Can you imagine the songs the unicorns would be singing??? Wow.
10. If you were deserted on an abandoned island what 5 things would you want to have?
a) My brother
b) His Macbook Pro + Reason + Garageband
c) A Solar Charger
d) The Black Pearl
e) A life-size Batman wax statue
My brother makes beats, so we’d record music until kingdom come. Plus he’s a great guy, so is Bruce Wayne.
11. If you were a car, what car would you like to be? Why?
Tesla Roadster, baby. And green goggles, you know, for a better planet.
12. If you could be in any band in the world, which one would you like to be in? Why?
There’s a couple bands that revolve around Saturn, but I don’t think we call them bands any more…wait, you said world, not universe right?Ok, 30 Seconds to Mars then.