The Board of Directors of the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) has announced the following changes in the Board.
1. Retirement of Directors
The following 4 directors retired from the Board.
- Mr. Samuel Kimani – former Board Chairman and an Independent Non-Executive Director.
- Mr. Bob Karina – Board Vice-Chairman and Director representing Trading Participants.
- Mr. Hosea Kili – Independent Non-Executive Director.
- Mrs. Nasim Devji – Non-Executive Director representing Listed Companies.
2. Re-election of Directors
The following Directors retired by rotation and, being eligible, were individually re-elected as Directors.
- Ms. Risper Alaro-Mukoto – Independent Non-Executive Director.
- Mr. Paul Mwai – Non-Executive Director representing Trading Participants.
3. Election of new Directors
The Board is pleased to announce the appointment of the following to the Board.
- Mr. Donald Wangunyu – Non-Executive Director representing Trading Participants. Mr. Wangunyu brings over 20 years of experience in finance and technology from both Kenya and the USA. He currently sits on the Boards of Standard Investment Bank, the Kenya Association of Stockbrokers and Investment Banks and the East Africa Forum for Alternative Investments. Donald is the Founder and CEO of the Robo Advisor, FourFront Management.
- Mr. Stephen Chege – Non-Executive Director representing Listed Companies. Mr. Chege has over 20 years’ experience in policy, legal and regulatory affairs and Environmental Social and Governance matters, primarily within the telecommunications and ICT industry. He is the Chief Corporate Affairs Officer at Safaricom, where his role entails safeguarding and growing Safaricom’s reputation, Government and
stakeholder engagement, shaping the policy, legal and regulatory environment and overseeing the growth of Safaricom’s sustainability agenda.
4. Re-appointment of the Board Chairperson and appointment of a new Vice-Chairperson
At a Special Meeting of the Board of Directors of NSE, it was resolved in accordance with the Articles of Association of the Company, to re-appoint Mr. Kiprono Kittony as the Chairman of the Board. Mr. Paul Mwai was also appointed as the Vice-Chairman of the Board.