Tomi Oladipo is a Nigerian journalist. Follow him, @tomi_oladipo, for more information about him.
We asked him a few questions and this is what he had to say.
1. What was your first phone?
A nice blue Nokia 3310. It was efficient and kept working regardless of how many times i dropped it. And it had the best game ever – Snake!!
2. What do you prefer? Facebook or Twitter? Why?
I keep asking myself the same question. I don’t think it matters though, as long as I can do the usual LOL, ROFLOL, ROFLOLLERCOPTER
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
How about you bookmark this page and check again in 5 years
4. Any question for us? We’ll publish our answer as well
If you did not know how to answer a question that was not asked when you were not listening to the previous question you had heard, then how would you answer a rhetorical question you had wanted to ask but could neither ask nor answer because you would be asking yourself a question?
5. What would you do if you were president for a day?
I’d declare 1pm-2pm National Sandwich Hour. Everyone citizen would get a free sandwich. Corrupt politicians would get only the bread crust.
6. Whats your favourite book & movie?
Favourite book could be The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, only because I’ve read it at least 20 times since I was a child. It’s hilarious!
Favourite movie is a tough one. It could be The Godfather, Reservoir Dogs, or Lord of the Rings trilogy. I really can’t decide. It could also be 300. The first time I saw 300 at the cinema, the show ended at around midnight and I walked home so confidently, hoping to shout “Ahoo!!” if any thugs approached me
7. Who/What inspired you to do what you do now?
I remember seeing the coverage of the O.J Simpson trial and i followed it so keenly, even though as a boy I couldn’t understand everything it was about, but I thought it was so cool that all these journalists saw the trial and everything first hand.
8. If you were to change jobs, what profession would you get into? Why?
The media is so diverse and is still evolving, so i find it highly unlikely that I’d change profession before the world ends, but to answer the question simply, I’d probably get involved in mission or social work, particularly helping motivate young people to live fulfilling lives. I enjoy seeing people overcome their problems and having ambition.
9.If you had a superpower, what would it be?
The ability to teleport oneself is second to no other superhero power
10. If you were deserted on an abandoned island what 5 things would you want to have?
– A guitar
– pad and pen (does that count as one or two?)
– a knife
– a cruise ship with enough fuel to get me back home, and equipped with itching-powder bombs to ward off any pirates.
11. If you were a car, what car would you like to be? Why?
I’d love to be the Formula 1 safety car – the Mercedes Benz SLS-AMG. To be that car, and to have the priviledge that other cars don’t have, of getting on the track and leading the F1 cars. I’m every car in the world wishes it could be the F1 safety car.
12. If you could be in any band in the world, which one would you like to be in? Why?
Broadband. Because it’s fast. Umm..maybe Last Year’s Tragedy, my band from university. I wish I’d had more time making music with them
13. Share something interesting about yourself with our readers.
One of my greatest fears is breaking any glass item. So i never walk in glass or crockery aisles in supermarkets. No i’m not kidding